2nd September 2020
- in Environment
- Joe Biden’s barrier-breaking running mate takes centre stage at Democratic convention, attacking Trump’s “failure of leadership”.
- Kamala Harris formally accepts the Democrats’ vice-presidential nomination on day three of the party convention
- The California senator – daughter of Jamaican and Indian parents – is the first woman of colour on a major party presidential ticket
- Earlier Donald Trump responded to criticism in Barack Obama’s Democratic convention speech, calling him a “terrible” president.
- The Democrats’ four-day, all-virtual convention kicks off two months of frenetic campaigning for the US presidency
- Joe Biden will be formally chosen on Thursday to battle Mr Trump for the White House in the 3 November election